Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tips and Tricks Tuesdays

Tuesday's will be all about tips, tricks, and reviews. I also have some Disney DIY projects up my sleeve that I will share. Today's little tip is what NOT to say to a Disney fan. Hope you enjoy!

Usually when I tell people that I am planning another Disney vacation I sometimes get the same questions/statements. "Didn't you just go last year?" "Don't you get tired of going to the same place every year?" "Disney is for babies."

I don't quite know what makes people think that it's OK to ask people these questions. I would never ask someone that about their vacation plans. I would probably ask for recommendations if I ever decide to visit that place myself. So, let's review these questions.

"Didn't you just go last year?" This is usually asked by someone who stays in the same condo, on the same beach, and eat at the same restaurants every spring break but can't seem to understand how I could go to Walt Disney World every year. I try to be polite when people ask this question and I usually say "yes, my kids like to go every year." This is only half truth though, my mom, my husband and I love going, as well. There are so many different things to do that makes us love it. My parents took my cousin and I almost every summer to WDW, if feels like home and I tell people this.

"Don't you get tired of going to the same place every year?" No, I don't. I attempt to make every vacation different for us, whether it be different resorts or different restaurants, we experience something new each and every time. One year, we went with cousins. One time we decided to take my niece, who had never been. We usually like to try different restaurants each time we go. Each year we try to experience an attraction that we have never done, one year it was Astro Orbiter during the fireworks, last year I went on Tom Sawyer Island. My husband and I just went on an adult trip during Christmas (a season I had never been) and I spent more time in shops than on rides, there are so many to explore that I wanted to take my time and look at everything. To me this is much better than looking at the same beach for 5 days, although, I would love a nice relaxing beach vacation in the future. These people need to understand that I value my Disney experience as much as they value their beach experience.

"Disney is for babies." I usually answer this with "well, my teenagers love it and they aren't babies." This is where "Disney Magic" comes into play. Disney magic allows you to make your vacation "your personal vacation." There are so many choices, you can travel at the same time as a friend and never do the same thing. No, Magic Kingdom might not be for all ages but have you ever been to Epcot or Animal Kingdom? My 16 year old son loves Epcot (just like his mother). There is so much science, learning, history, and hands on stuff, it's almost like an extra large children's museum. We usually only spend 1/2 day at Magic Kingdom but would love to squeeze 2 full days into Epcot. Animal Kingdom is another park with stuff not targeted to little kids. If you are a foodie, you definitely need to spend time in both of these parks!!

Whatever the reason is, I sometimes run into negativity when planning for Disney but I'm not concerned. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to go every year and make memories with my family. Isn't that what it's all about anyway, making memories with our families?

If you want to make some awesome memories with your family, please comment or email me for a quote.

Eve at Animal Kingdom 2010

Xander doing non-babylike things 2010

Eve at Chef Mickey 2013

Xander, Joe, and Eve doing the Star Wars thing 2014


Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. And things are always changing,added or improved at Disney so there is always something new to see-- For example, since we were in EPCOT in January 2014, the Maelstrom Viking Ride has turned into the new Frozen ride. We'll just have to go back and see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!! I'm on the fence with the new Frozen ride but I will at least try it once.

      Delete