Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Disney First Aid Kit.

Today we are going to do a little DIY project that doesn't require much DIY. I HATE trying to track down the First Aide centers at Walt Disney World. They are very nice and clean with pleasant staff. I've had to get bandaids from them before and it was an excellent experience. My problem is that you always seem to need them when you are on the other side of the park. I don't want to walk across the park and miss out on attractions. So, I make these cute little First Aid kits. 



I have tons of these mint (Altoid size) tins that I buy when I go to WDW. Last time we went I bought 2 of them and I told my kids that when I run out that it's time to go back. Well, I ran out in May and our trip isn't until October but my friend went in June and I had her bring me one back! So, I go thru 2-3 of these per year and that leaves lots of empty tins waiting for a good project.

These mints are fantastic, you must try them!
I used to carry a tiny make-up bag with a first aid kit in it in my backpack to the Disney parks. Those took up a lot of room. After looking at these mint tins, I thought why not combine the 2? So I did!!



Here are the supplies you will need:
Mint tin (Altoid size)
 Bandaids
pain reliever (Advil, Tylenol, etc.)
1/2 oz tube antibiotic cream (Neosporin)



First I cleaned out the tin, which is a no-brainer!

Then I added the bandaids. They are flat and things will easily sit on top of them. On a side note, we always take Mickey, Star Wars, or Muppet bandaids to Disney, might as well stay in character.



I sprinkle in some Target brand Ibuprofen liquid gels (and children's if you have little kids). A picture here would be great but my camera was being stupid.

Last I add the Target brand antibiotic cream. As you can see from the picture I had to bend the end of the cream up a bit but it fits nicely.



I'm sure you can decorate the tin on the front but I wanted to leave it with the characters that were on it. This first aid kit is so small you could probably keep it in your purse or diaper bag year-round. It would probably fit in the cargo pocket of dad's shorts for park days. 



What do you think?

If you want to plan a Magical Vacation please email me here

Have a Magical Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment